Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
May 5, 2008

{ Monday, Monday }

-Excellent


As always, having fun in the library on Monday:


On the phone with a patron:
“Ok. I just need your library card number.”
“Card number? What’s that?”
“It’s the number on your library card..”
“Oh ok. I see. 555-BOOK.”
"Umm. That sounds like the number for the main branch of our library.”
“It’s the only number on the card. I’ve got it right here in front of me.”
“Well… the number you just read, ending in BOOK, is a telephone number. The library card number is on your card. Probably on the other side….”
“That’s the only number on the card.”
“Ok….”




Then there’s the elderly patron on the copier. He’s a regular. I know the machines are confusing. I know it’s crazy of us to expect you to make your own copies, but that’s what Kinkos is for. If you don’t want to or are unable to make your own copies, please go there. I’m not a copy girl. If I make your copies for you that’s all I will have to time to do today. I can show you how to use the machine; I can’t do it for you. That what “self serve” means.


“”Well fine. Show me how it works, then.”
“You put the paper here, face-up.”
“Like this?”
“No. With the text facing up, so you can see it.”
“Here.”
“No. So you can see the writing on the paper.”
“Well I can’t figure out what you’re talking about with these crazy machines.”
“You see the picture on top? Put the paper just like the picture shows.”
“Like this?”
“No. Turn it over…. here. Fine. I’ll do it. Now hit the green button to make your copy.”
“Which button do I hit?”
“The big green one.”
“This one?”
“No. The green one. The one that says start.”


I really think he’s just messing with me to take up as much of my time as he possibly can because I wouldn’t hit the fucking copy button for him. The girl at the desk just told him to read the instructions on the lid, though. That’s what I get for trying to provide customer service. Next time I’ll be like every other disgruntled library employee and just point.

Labels: , , , , ,

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com