Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
Apr 30, 2008

{ You were so totally not gone }

-Excellent


“Should I push in my chair?”
“Are you leaving?”
“Yeah. I’m gone.”
“Nah. Just leave it in the middle of the aisle for people to run into. That’s cool.” (Response in my ever crazy head, but I should have said it out loud. Seriously, if you have to ask the library lady if you should push in your chair…. Do I look like your Mommy?)


Five minutes later the same patron, who was not “gone,” totally fucked up the settings on our color printer by lifting the lids and hitting every button on top, trying to make copies.


“Sir. That’s not a copier.”
“Oh. So I can’t make copies here?”
“You can use the copier over there.”
“Ok. I’ll just use the copier then.”
“Yeah. Over there.”
“This isn’t a copier?”
“This is a printer. You can print to it from the computers. The copy machine is over there.” (pointing emphatically at the copy machine)
“Does it make color copies?”
“Nope. Just black and white.”
“Well what good is it then?”


Meanwhile…. I have to change all the paper settings on the color printer from executive to letter and reset the color calibration. How did he manage to change them so fast? I don’t even know how to do that without looking it up…..

Labels: , , , ,

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com