Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
Apr 6, 2008

{ Let's call the whole thing off }

-Excellent


I try not to bitch about coworkers. We're all stuck working with the same shit, and it's better to just ignore whatever crap they throw at you for the sake of customer service and "getting the job done." (I'm still one of those naive workers that believes it is my job to provide excellent customer service at all costs. I'm so incredibly naive.)


But, sometimes I just get so confused. I've been working in the library for something like eight years now, and policy hasn't changed so very much that I shouldn't know what is expected of me and my coworkers while at work.


Probably the confusion is partly due to the fact that I am a good twenty years younger than most of my coworkers, and they therefor view me as little more than an idiot. Even when I have to act like a supervisor; Even when they are below me in the chain of command. (Yes. I would really rather ignore the stupid shit you do than try to put on the supervisor hat. You're not going to listen to me, anyway.)


This rant comes to you courtesy of a specific coworker who fails to come to work at LEAST one day out of every week. She doesn't always call US, but instead calls another branch and tells someone unrelated to our doings in management that she won't be in to work. So we are all sitting around OUR branch wondering where the said coworker is...... She has been told repeatedly to call our actual library and talk to the person in charge so that we know she won't be there.


One day last week she actually did call OUR LIBRARY. I answered the phone. She asked to speak to anybody but me. I told her I was the only In-Charge person working. She told me she wouldn't be in to work. She was also going to call the manager and have an excuse when she came back. Ok. I told her I would mark her off the schedule.


Problem is, when she did come back to work later in the week she confronted me and accused me of falsifying the schedule. "You wrote 'called off' on the schedule. I didn't call off. I whited it out and changed it to 'sick'."


If you "Call" into work and say that you are going to be "Off" for the day, is that not a "Call-Off?" She never once said that she was sick. (She wasn't) AND it doesn't really fucking matter to anybody what I wrote on the schedule, as long as you fill out your time sheet correctly and give whatever excuse was required of you to the manager when you got back to work. There isn't a "call-off" field on the time sheet. There IS a "sick" field. If you know what you are doing, DO IT. Don't accuse me of falsifying your schedule.


I'm out of clean laundry. Maybe I should CALL IN SICK tomorrow.

Labels: , , , ,

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com