Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
Apr 3, 2009

{ Blockbuster We Are Not }

~ Little Girl
So this woman comes up with her two (loud) children and a stack of 20 some DVDs.

"Here", she hands me a credit card.
"May I help you with something?"
"I want to rent these"
"Do you have a library card?"
"Why would I need one of those, at Blockbuster they just take the credit".
"Well since this is the library, to check out the DVDs we require a library card or an ID. If you don't have a card you can sign up for one. It's free."
"Okay, how much is it going to cost me?"
"It's free, do you have any ID on you"
"No, I don't carry any, it could get stolen."
"Okay, well unfortunately since I'm unable to look you up in our system without any ID, you're not able to take any of those DVDs with you."
"Well screw this shit, I'll just go back to Blockbuster."

She leaves now, crying children in tow. I wonder if she realizes that Blockbuster will probably ask her for ID too.

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com