Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
Feb 5, 2009

{ and tax season is how long? }

-Excellent


Tax season brings out the best in people. It also brings out the people who never come in to the library at any other time of the year, and suddenly swarm in search of free tax help, free tax forms, and (sometimes) free money.


Tax season brings questions such as “I need that form where you put your social security number on it and they give you money for having kids.”


and


Then there was the guy who thoroughly insulted my coworker at the Circulation desk because she tried to explain to him, nicely, that if he hadn’t been employed last year he wasn’t going to have a W2. And then further insulted the reference staff by demanding that we produce a W2 for him anyway. They even got him a sample W2 blank from the IRS website, which he threw back at them because it wasn’t what he wanted.


And for the record: I can’t get you a W2. I can’t get you a 1099, either. Nobody can.


And of course I can’t say ANY of this to the friendly people who come to my desk, because I am forbidden from giving any tax advice. Any at all. Becuase I am not a CPA, and I am not trained .


I probably screwed up my own taxes royally, so you don’t want my advice anyway.


And this rant is even annoying me. We get the same shit every year during tax season. I don't know why it still bothers me.

Labels: , , ,

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com