Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
Sep 15, 2008

{ Fuck altruism. Fuck customer service. I wanna go home }

-Excellent


It seems like all I do lately is whine about how shitty my job is. If I'm this annoying to myself, it must be worse for the people who are around me.


I am just not suited to work in customer service. I really do hate people. I try not to think “what the fuck do you want now?” when I see a patron approaching my desk. I know that such thinking can probably be read in my face, thus screwing any chance I had of having a normal, friendly conversation with said patron.


But knowing in advance that their question will be one of three things (“Do you have a bathroom? Why aint' my puter working? Do you have this movie yet that won't be released in the theaters for another month but I know you have it cause I saw it on your shelf last week?”) precludes any ability on my part to be optimistic regarding our interaction.


I really am just a fucking snob. And there isn't enough coffee in the world to stay perky when you are being called a bitch on a daily basis for offering FREE help for anything a person can think of. Fuck altruism. I'm switching to bourbon.

Labels: , , , , ,

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com