Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
May 8, 2008

{ Why do you even work here? }

-Excellent


She’s doing it again today. She yelled at me from the circulation desk (way across the branch, mind you. Can I PLEASE shush a library employee?)

“Come over here. Hey! Come over here a moment.”
I’m looking around to see who she is talking to and finally stand up and walk over to the desk. She wasn’t pointing at me or saying “Excuse me Excellent Help bitch, could you come here for a moment?” So I wasn’t sure she was yelling at me.
“Did you need my help?” I ask.
“He needs books on showtunes.” She waves in the general direcetion of EIGHT patrons who are milling around the desk, and then walks into the back room. Nobody is looking me in the eye.
“Did somebody need books on showtunes?”
Nobody answers.
“Did anybody need help finding something?”
“I needed a car repair manual.” Suggested a confused man at the back of the crowd.
“Great. I can help you with that.”


Would it be so hard to just refer the patron over to the inforation desk if they need help with something that she can’t handle? Yelling across the branch and feeding me completely false information is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE for our already confused patrons and makes my job even harder when I try to figure out exactly what they want.


And now she’s in the back room on her cell phone. Again. While people are lining up at the desk. So I must abandon my post and work two desks at once again…..

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com