Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
May 14, 2008

{ My job is? }

~ Little Girl

Obviously I am chopped liver.

It’s not the first time I have been left at the desk by myself. However that does not mean that I can not help a patron in need.

Now nothing against our aids, they are very helpful and yet they need to do their job and not mine.

So if a patron is having a problem on the computer and needs help and I don't know they do (because the patron just happens to ask the first person walking by), come get me, because I’m not just standing at the desk for my health. Do Not walk past me (at the desk) to go get the branch manager out of their office to help the patron. A) That makes me feel like I’m not doing my job and B) the branch manager doesn’t know what they are doing. I could have had the problem fixed in no time. It took the particular manager 5 minutes to figure it out and then I still had to help.

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com