Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
May 24, 2008

{ It's not all bad. }

-Excellent


I actually got to help a patron find books today. She came over and asked me “where's that other lady?”
“You mean the children’s librarian?”
“Yeah. She usually helps me.”
“She’s not here today but maybe I can help you.”


It was amazing. She wanted books on cats. And then she wanted the entire Tokyo Mew Mew series. And then she wanted the entire Erin Hunter series. And books on drawing. And Books on fantasy art. And she was enthusiastic, and took a pile of stuff with her and reserved a bunch of stuff that we didn’t have on the shelf. All this while gushing about how much she loves our library, and how nice I was being to her, and: “I haven’t smelled a library in a really long time. I just love the smell of books. A library has a smell that no other place has.”


It almost, ALMOST, makes up for the shit I have been put through here. But I only got to help her because the Children’s librarian wasn’t here. Why can’t adult patrons be so mature and friendly?

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com