Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
Apr 8, 2008

{ In your library }

-Excellent


Taking a walk down memory lane…. of all the nasty things that have been found on our library’s shelves. I’m not talking about dirty books, although I’m sure we have plenty of those, too. I’m talking about the nasty things that people abandon among our stacks for the lowly, totally unprepared, library worker to discover.


I got started on this tangent because while I was shifting some books this morning I found an old, half-smoked cigar behind a shelf. How do these things find themselves on library shelves? While disgusting, a used cigar is not the worst that I have been forced to dispose of during my tenure.


I am reminded of the open package of bloody, rotting meat that was once found oozing down the shelves in the children’s room, the numerous instances of feces on the floor (again, how is this possible to happen unnoticed in the shelves of a library?), the condoms in the bookdrop, the FULL condom that contained what we can only hope was water, the dirty diapers abandoned on library tables (Doesn’t anyone notice a baby being changed in the middle of a library? Or did you change the baby elsewhere and decide that a reading table is as good a place as any to dispose of the soiled ball of shit?), the abandoned half-eaten fast food, the soiled underwear that is even now sitting in our lost and found (and why didn’t my efficient coworkers just throw it away?), and much worse things that I have apparently blocked out of my memory.


Anybody feel like adding to this list?

Labels: , , , ,

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com