Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
Apr 17, 2008

{ I'm really just lazy, aren't I? }

-Excellent


“Excuse me. Miss! Can I get some help over here?”


Ignoring the fact that I am being screamed at from across a space of twenty feet, I walk over to where the friendly patron is seated at an Internet computer. “Sure How can I help you?”


“Why isn’t this working? It sounds like a dang helicopter taking off.”
“The sound is the computer’s fan, it’s completely normal. What isn’t working?”
“Every time I do this it gets louder. It’s not working.”
She clicks on the login for her MySpace page. I notice that she has about 6 windows open trying to simultaneously log in to her MySpace account……
“The fan turns on to cool the computer off when it’s thinking really hard. It’s normal. But if you have more than one window open it might be overloading the computer.”
“What?”
“It’s thinking too hard.”
“Well why isn’t working when I click here?”
She clicks on login for a seventh time and opens another window.
“You know, I’m not really trained to provide tech support for MySpace.”
“Fine. You’ve helped enough.” She clicks open an eighth window. The computer whines in protest.


I need more coffee.

Labels: , , , ,

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com