Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
Apr 28, 2008

{ I'm not at my best today }

-Excellent
I’ve had some doozies today. And if anyone makes another comment to me about my inability to “deal with Mondays” I’ll prove them right.


And no. I haven’t had nearly enough coffee. So I admit that the cause of my frustration probably originates in my own head. It’s not a case of the Monday’s; it’s a case of being unable to deal with the teeming masses cheerfully without a significant dose of caffeine.


So when the woman asked me for tax forms from 1906 I just said “O.K.”, despite the fact that Income Tax Filing as we know it didn’t exist until 1918, and the IRS didn’t exist until the 1950s. Sure. Let’s find you a tax form for 1906. An EZ. From 1906.


But when you take the mouse off the mousepad, of course it’s not going to work. “You have to leave the mouse on the pad for the little roller ball to make contact. No. Don’t pick it up. Leave the mouse on the pad. Here, why don’t I do it for you?”


And www dot gov IS NOT a web address. Didn’t they give you anything else to type in? Something in between the www and the gov? No? “Sure. We can try to search for it with Google. But you have to leave the mouse on the mousepad.”


And I think there is a mathematical ratio that determines the amount of help a person is going to need to use the computer and the amount of time that they actually sign up for. So, the person who doesn’t know how to use a mouse is automatically drawn to the Express computer, where they will wait until they have four minutes of time left to call me over (“Miss! This thing aint working!”).


And kindly keep your child off of me while I help you. It’s not that I don’t like children; I help children all day as a normal part of my job. It’s usually fun. But having a sticky four year old climbing all over my lap and fondling my breast while holding a limp, torn, and wet balloon in her mouth just might push me beyond my tipping point.


“Oh. I mean 2006. Why would I want 1906?”

Labels: , , , , , , ,

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com