Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
Apr 9, 2008

{ I'm getting me a college education }

-Excellent


College is back in session. That means that all of the local Community College students who are taking distance learning courses are flooding our library to access their course content through our computers. Which leads to conversations like these:


“I can’t login to my class through your computer. What’s wrong with your computers?”
”Nothing’s wrong with our computers.” I point to the six other patrons who are logged into the same college website as we speak.
“Well it says there’s a problem with my login name. Every time I come in here I have this problem. Your computers don’t work right.”
“All that I can suggest is that you contact the college tech support directly.”
“Well how am I supposed to do my homework? I need to do my homework.”
“I don’t know. But I can’t provide tech support for the college; I’m not trained. You need to contact their tech support directly.”
“Your computers don’t work.”


Now..... I have taken the same distance courses at said college. I know that the library computers DO work with their course content. But having said this, why don’t these people just go use the fucking computer labs AT the college if they know they are going to need extra help? And why do they expect the PUBLIC library lady to be able to give them a login for a COLLEGE website? I should NOT have access to your college login information, any more than I should have access to your Social Security number, Medicare information, Tax return ID, Bank account routing number, credit card number, or any other PERSONAL information. You’re in college: use your fucking college education and quit hassling the library lady.


And yes, I know, the library is truly not good for anything anymore.

Labels: , , ,

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com