Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
Mar 6, 2008

{ Don't make me fling a dictionary at you }

-Excellent


Basic common sense, Basic etiquette. Do these even exist anymore? I’m referring to you, Dumbass. You who stand behind my chair just out of my line of sight until your loud sighing attracts my attention. Why not come around to the front of my desk where I can see you and possibly help you with whatever asinine question you are waiting so impatiently to ask me? I’m not a teacher; I don’t have eyes in the back of my head. In fact, the eyes on the front of my head are extremely myopic and I probably wouldn’t see you if you were more than three feet away anyway. But yeah. My point is still that standing directly behind someone is not going to get you any fucking help.


And then, oh most pleasant patron, grabbing my shoulder and/or placing your hand on my back is not a good way to attract the attention of a young, small girl in the dark corner of a library. It is more likely to result in my knee in your crotch than any immediate help for your desires. See: Knee jerk – a sudden involuntary reflex kick, automatic and unthinking; a knee jerk reaction. Subheading: knee jerk radicals: of a person reacting in this way. See also subject heading: Courtesy – common. (If you can attract the attention of the reference librarian sufficiently to be directed to a Dictionary.)

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com