Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
Feb 19, 2008

{ Next person who coughs on me..... }

-Excellent


People go to the library when they are too sick to go to their own jobs. Then they sit on the computers all day and cough on the keyboard, the mouse, the seat cushions. They cough on the library lady. They sit in the chair by my desk and lean over my keyboard to see my computer screen, and cough in my face.


Now I have an itchy throat and a fever but I have too many meetings to go to this week to stay home. So I guess it’s my turn to spread the germs to every patron who asks me for anything. And people laugh at me for spraying the computers with Lysol during flu season…….


And people keep coming up with the craziest things…..


“My keyboard’s not working. The keys don’t do anything.”
“Well, it’s unplugged. Try it now.”
“Oh. Ok”


Ten minutes pass…. “My keyboard’s not working”
And so on.


“Can I switch computers?”
“Is there something wrong with that computer?”
“My mouse isn’t working. Can I switch computers?”
“Ok. The mouse works. The scroll wheel isn’t working, but you can still use the mouse.”
“But how can I go down on the webpage?”
“You’re going to have to move the mouse with your hand…..”


I don’t even feel well enough to drink coffee. Hot water with bourbon and honey are waiting in seven more hours or so….

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com