Sarcastic Bastard - Librarian, Male.
Excellent Help Bitch -
Library Staff, Female.
Smartass
Boy -

Library Staff, Male.
Little Girl -
Library Staff, Female.
Pipsqueak -
Library Staff, Male.
Feb 21, 2008

{ Keeping track of reference questions }

-Excellent


Today's most frequent and brilliant:





“Are you open today?”
“No. I’m here answering phones on my day off.”
(over and over and over again.......)


Then there were about five or six questions involving the location of the restroom. (mind you, in order to get to my desk and ask where the restroom is, you have to pass through the big yellow area with the big “restroom” signs and the big double doors, also labeled “restroom.” They miss all this, but make it over to my little, hidden desk marked subtly “information.” )


“Do you have any packets?”
“Packets? Tax packets?”
“No. You know. Packets. Do you have any?”
“Packets of what?” I’m sorry I don’t think I understand your question fully.”
“Big poofy noise of exasperation and then a click as they hang up on me.”


Do you have eviction forms? I gotta evict somebody.”
We have books of forms that you could copy one from.”
“Can’t you find it online? My friend found one online for free.”
"They probably are available online. It’s still ten cents to print out.”
"But my friend found one for free. What good is the library anyway?”
(I’m getting to love it when people say that) “

| PermaLink | | |




Four snarky library employees. Here are their sarcastic/smartass musings on everything. We mean everything.

Names changed, Language unfiltered. Hardcore.

gnashingbooks -at- yahoo -dot- com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Blog-Roll

Vampire Librarian
Tales from the Liberry
Library Bitch
The Librarian's Guide to Etiquette
ASIF Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom
The Society for Librarians* Who Say "Motherfucker"


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com